Future of a contemporary enterprise depends on initial courage. Therefore, we are blazing the trail by search, testing and introduction of new prospective business lines, new technologies, new equipment, new equipment for aerospace industry, while promoting young and skilled engineers, managers and designers.
Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster was created on the initiative of FED, JSC whose participants are leading aerospace enterprises of Ukraine, Higher education institutions and research organizations. Heads of these enterprises signed foundation Memorandum and now we discuss the lines of our joint activities. One of the cluster mechanism advantages is pooling of technological, production, financial, labor and other resources while minimizing governmental financial costs.
The cluster-based cooperation is one of the most efficient mechanisms promoting higher development rates of some industry branches and the country economy at large.
The fact that a modern high-tech product, is today an integral product that requires diverse technological, production and intellectual capabilities, speaks in favor of the cluster system. Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster is located in the center of the most important economic region and is one of the biggest centers of aerospace activities.
Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster is characterized by ideal logistic location, as well as resource, intellectual and production potential.
The main aim of the cluster policy is ensuring high rates of economic growth, economy diversification due to enhancing enterprises competitive strength, equipment suppliers, component parts, specialized production and servicing, scientific-research and educational institutions that form territorial and production clusters.
All these can be viewed as components of clusterization synergy effect using which incomes from resources joint use exceed amount of incomes from the use of these resources viewed individually.
Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster is the alliance of Ukrainian enterprises and scientific and educational complex that have been engaged in cooperation for a long time with the aim of creation of modern aerospace systems – all whose activity is based on synergetic integration of mechanics, electronics and computer-based technologies.
The Cluster main tasks are:
• enhancing competitive ability and economic potential of the cluster participants due to implementation of effective interaction potential within entire life cycle of the cluster products;
• creation of a broad access to innovations and new technological solutions, including ensuring technologies transfer;
• creation of new high-skill jobs in the industry sectors;
• reduction in transactional costs ensuring formation of prerequisites for implementation of joint cooperation projects and efficient competition;
• improving international business integration and increasing the international competitiveness of the innovation cluster participants via including the cluster and its participants in global value-added chains;
• creation of possibilities pool for launching joint investment projects which includes simplifying of the cluster participants access to financial resources;
• promotion of production, management and financial cooperation within the Cluster framework.
Cluster council is approved
President of Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster:
Popov V.V. – k.t.s., President of the FED, JSC Management Board.
Boguslaev V.A. – d.t.s., prof., President of Motor Sich, JSC
Kravchenko I.F. – d.t.s., Chief designer-Director of State-owned enterprise Ivchenko-Progress.
Academic secretary of the Cluster Council:
Fadeev V.A. – d.t.s., prof., Deputy President of Chairman of the Management Board in Science issues of FED, JSC
THE LIST OF
Participants of Mekhatronika innovative aerospace cluster
1. FED Joint Stock Company, Kharkov city
FED, JSC is a leading association of a number of Ukrainian enterprises dedicated to development, serial production, repair and servicing of units for hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems of aviation equipment. Aviation units of FED make are used in aviation engines of different series and modifications, they are successfully operated on military and civil airborne vehicles of such famous makes as Su, MiG, Tu, Yak, Il, Mi, Ka, Be and are operated in more than 60 countries of the world.
FED, JSC which possesses an edge-cutting production facilities and highly qualified personnel is ready to consider aerospace companies proposals with regard to joint production management, manufacture of airborne licensed items as well as other types of cooperation.
2. The state-owned Antonov enterprise, Kiev city
The state-owned Antonov enterprise implements the entire cycle of contemporary airborne vehicles production. Skilled personnel, design bureau, complex of laboratories, experimental plant and testing complex allow to solve various tasks dedicated to aircrafts design and certification, to interact with manufacturers of all types of Antonov aircrafts.
3. MOTOR SICH Joint Stock Company, Zaporozhye city
The enterprise manufactures reliable aircraft engines and gas turbine plants which are competitive on the world market. The enterprise products are operated on aircrafts and helicopters of various applications in more than 100 countries of the world.
Development and introduction of modern technologies based on edge-cutting science and technology achievements, professional, highly-qualified and cohesive team, a unique production facilities, resources, effective management strategy – all this are key elements to achieve success and gain sustained development.
4. The state-owned Ivchenko-Progress enterprise, Zaporozhye city
Activity area: design, manufacture of samples, testing of samples, logistic support of samples airborne tests; designer support of manufacture and operation of serial aviation engines, as well as design of civil and military engines modifications; technical maintenance, overhaul and midlife repair of aviation engines, and manufacture of their components; design, production, repair and technical maintenance of industrial gas turbine drives; design, installation and technical maintenance of fire suppression means.
Aviation engines developed by state-owned enterprise Ivchenko-Progress are used at 60 types of airborne vehicles in more than 100 countries of the world. Total aircraft hours for gas turbine engines makes more than 300 million hours.
5. State-owned enterprise Kharkov Machine-Building Plant FED, Kharkov city
Now, the enterprise dominates in Ukraine in serial production, repair, and upgrading of units for hydraulic, fuel and electrical systems for aircraft engineering.
The enterprise products are unique, since they are distinguished for scientific content and technological level of production, are used virtually at all types of aircrafts and helicopters manufactured in CIS and operated in more than 60 countries of the world. State-owned FED KhMZ participates in customized units design and offers already existing products designed for airborne vehicles of the new generation.
6. State-owned enterprise Kharkov Unit Design Bureau, Kharkov city
Kharkov Unit Design Bureau which is a part of UkrOboronProm state concern develops and manufactures new types of airborne vehicles: aircrafts control system drives, fuel units, pumping plants, motors, hydraulic units, electrical magnets, and induction sensors. The enterprise carries out designer support and serial production licensing.
Units developed by State-owned enterprise KhAB are successfully operated in aircrafts An-148, An-158, An-178, An-140, An-32, Be-200; helicopters Ka-60, Ka-62, Ka-226, Ansat. The enterprise is engaged in new design projects for airborne vehicle manufacturing companies of China and India.
7. Kharkov State Aviation Production Enterprise, Kharkov city
Kharkov State Aviation Production Enterprise (KhGAPP) was founded in 1926. Since that time, KhGAPP manufactures different types of civil and military aircrafts, including training-combat MiG-15UTI. Tu-104 is the first Soviet jet liner, and Tu-134 which comprised the basis of Aeroflot fleet, as well as many other airlines. Advanced technological base, huge capacity facilities, and vast experience in new technologies introduction are characteristic features of nowadays KhGAPP.
KhGAPP is one of the few airborne vehicles manufacturer with complete production cycle which enables assuming total liability for all production stages and being sure of the end product quality. Airborne vehicles produced by KhGAPP fully complies with international standards and regulations.
8. Obyedinenie Kommunar State Science and Production Enterprise, Kharkov cityThe enterprise business line is manufacture of booster-rockets control systems and space crafts which convinсingly testifies in favor of high technologies, quality of the products manufactured and personnel high qualification.
Alongside this, the enterprise manufactures a broad variety of industrial and household goods – ranging from aircraft control systems, steam turbines control software and hardware complexes, to industrial and household electricity counters, water consumption counters, welding equipment, etc.
9. POLISVIT Science and Technology Special Design Bureau, Kharkov city
Polisvit NT SKB activity area includes:• booster-rockets control systems;
• control devices for various systems of aircrafts and aviation engines;
• automated control systems for technological processes;
• X-ray vizsualization systems for customs examination and defectoscopy;
• welding current inverter sources with semiautomatic welding machines.
The enterprise enjoys vast experience in development, manufacture and operation of control-testing complexes for large complex control objects.
10. KHARTRON Public Joint Stock Company, Kharkov city
KHARTRON, PJSC is a holding structure comprising managing company, KHARTRON, PJSC itself, and 10 enterprises created with participation of the managing company.
Currently, KHARTRON, PJSC enterprises are operating in such market segments as rocket-and-space industry, energy sector including nuclear power industry and railroad transport. Rocket-and-space activities area is the priority area for KHARTRON, PJSC. The enterprise still occupies a leading position, while in some cases it boasts a monopoly position on the space technologies market.
11. Volchansky Unit-Building Plant, Private Joint Stock Company, town Volchansk
Products of Volchansky Unit-Building Plant, Private Joint Stock Company are much sought after and highly competitive both in Ukraine and abroad.
Major business lines:
• design and production of fuel injection equipment, control and regulation units for gas turbine drives for aviation, oil and gas and power generation industries;
• design and production of hydraulic and electrical-and-pneumatic units for airborne vehicles;
• design and production of pneumatic and combined hydro- and electrical-and-pneumatic units for auto vehicles.
12. Experimental-Design Bureau of General Purpose Aviation State-owned Enterprise, Kiev city
Experimental-Design Bureau of General Purpose Aviation State-owned Enterprise carries out the following science-based research and production:
• Manufacture of multipurpose motorized hang gliders Т-22/32 and powered paraglider P-22/32.
• Certification and modernization of light aircrafts SW-01 and SW- 02.
• Certification, modernization and development of a light multipurpose aircraft Y-1 Dolphin family.
Independent research and development of the following lines:
• Unmanned airborne complex.
• Modernization of An-2 aircraft.
• Multifunctional two-engine airborne platform.
• Special purpose aircrafts both in manned and unmanned options.
13. Dnepropetrovsk Unit-Building Plant, Public Joint Stock Company, Dnepr city
A huge machine-building enterprise with 90 years experience in airborne vehicles manufacture, as well as hydraulic equipment for mines and consumer goods. Having been founded in 1927, the enterprise has grown into the biggest Ukrainian manufacturer of airborne engine units which are widely used in military and civil aircraft construction. Nowadays, the enterprise is a powerful, high technological and mobile production which provides complete cycle of airborne units production, as well as control mining hydraulic equipment and special electrical drives. Quality and reliability level of the products manufactured are ensured by the plants design and technological potential and are guaranteed by quality management system certified as per DSTU ISO 9001-2009 (ISO 9001:2008, IDT) standard.
14. Ukrainian Science and Technology Institute (NII) for Airborne Technologies, Kiev city.
Ukrainian NII for airborne technologies has been operating on a specific science intensive aircraft construction market for nearly 50 years (founded in summer, 1964).
15. Element Joint Stock Company, Odessa city
Major business lines:
• design, modernization, production, testing, certification, repair, overhaul-period renewal and operational support of products:
• onboard and land-based avionics
• software and hardware complexes for gas turbine engines testing
• meteorological transducers and meteorological stations of industrial and special purpose
• wind power generation control systems;
• electronic systems for military and rocket and space equipment
16. Slobozhanshina Technopark, LLC, Kharkov city
17. FED Scientific Park, Kharkov city
18. Radiophysics and electronics Institute after A.Ya. Usikov of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine, Kharkov city
19. National Aerospace University after N.E. Zhukovsky Kharkov Aviation Institute, Kharkov city
20. National Technical University Kharkov Politechnical Institute, Kharkov city
21. Kharkov National University for Radioelectronics, Kharkov city
22. Kharkov National University after V.N. Karazin, Kharkov city
23. Kharkov Air Force University after I. Kozhedub, Kharkov city
24. National Mining University, Dnepr city
25. Dnepropetrovsk National University after О. Gonchar, Dnepr city
26. National Metallurgical Academy of Ukraine, Dnepr city
'Mekhatronika' cluster council jointly with higher educational institutions of Kharkov city: KhNU after Karazin, NAU 'KhAI', NTU 'KhPI', KhNURE, KhUVS after I. Kozhedub – participated in regional and international programs in 2016:
1. 'FUTURE – THE DARING FIRST STEP'
2. 'FLIGHT CONTROL SYSTEMS – LOOK INTO 2030'
3. 'HIGH SYSTEMS OF AIRBORNE VEHICLES TERRESTRIAL NAVIGATION
4. 'CONTROL SYSTEMS OF 6 GENERATION AVIATION ENGINES'
5. 'UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES'
6. IMPORT SUBSTITUTION.
8. AND OTHER.
Took part in the development of:
• Development strategy of national high-tech sectors to 2025.
• Development programs for Ukraine's aviation industry for the period to 2025.
• Mid-range plan for Government priority actions to 2020.
• Anticrisis program.
Enterprises of 'Mekhatronika' aerospace cluster ('FED', JSC, 'Progress' State-owned enterprise ZMKB, UkrNIIAT, NAU 'KhAI') in 2016 won the grant (designed for 3 years) as per AERO-UA project: 'Europe-Ukraine strategic and target support cooperation in aviation research', Horizont-2020 programs.
President of Mekhatronika cluster:
Popov Viktor Vasilievich
Tel. +38 (057) 700-50-41
Academic secretary of the Mekhatronika cluster:
Fadeev Valeri Andreevich
Tel/fax +38 (057) 719-29-64
Ukraine, 61023, Kharkov city, 132 Sumskaya str.